Monthly Archives: April 2014

What is a Physician’s Assistant? How do they work in my Long Beach and Garden City offices?

Physician’s Assistants (P.A.’s) undergo rigorous medical training as well as certification before practicing.  Like medical doctors, they must apply, complete and pass multiple exams before receiving their degrees (RPA-C).

Tracey Harris, Evergreen’s P.A., has extensive ear, nose and throat experience.  She is able to perform a thorough ENT examination and can help you with ear nose and throat issues such as hoarseness, sinus issues, nasal congestion, allergies, headache, hearing loss and so much more.  Her schedule allows her to see same day appointments so feel free to call us if you have an urgent problems.  We work hard so that we can continue to provide you outstanding care, close to home and keep our Long Beach, NY and Garden City, NY Ent patients happy and healthy!

Ringing in the ears? You may have hearing loss!

Don’t ignore ringing in the ears!  Ringing, hissing, humming or any noise in the ear that persists SHOULD be evaluated by an ear, nose and throat specialist.  Every day I see people in my Long Beach, NY and Garden City, NY offices who thought that these issues are a “normal part of getting older.”  Many of my Long Beach patients feel that this noise may be the result of spending too much time by the ocean.

Both of these notions are INCORRECT!

Any patient with noise in the ear (called tinnitus) will undergo a through ear, nose and throat evaluation including full hearing testing.  Many patients with tinnitus have undiagnosed hearing problems.  In addition, if the noise is worse in one ear than the other, ENT specialists will likely order more in depth testing to rule out masses or tumors of the inner ear.

Testing and evaluation of tinnitus is painless and can unearth some very serious ear problems.  If you have ringing in your ears see you local ENT specialist.  We are here to serve our patients in the Long Beach, Garden City, Inwood and Rosedale communities.